Apply for Emergency Travel Document (ETD)
Click to download: Application for Emergency Travel Document (ETD)
- The routine issuance of Emergency Travel Document (ETD) is suspended, especially in cases associated with immigration deportations;
- ETD will be valid only for traveling to South Sudan from either; USA or Canada;
- ETD may still be issued to South Sudanese citizens in exceptional circumstances that may include;
- Citizens holding South Sudan passport, visiting or residing in USA, who for one reason or another may not use their South Sudan passport to return home, i.e. in cases of expired, damaged, lost or stolen passports,
- Dual citizens, i.e. South Sudanese holders of USA or Canadian passports who must travel on short notice to South Sudan due to a confirmed emergency, and who for justified reasons, cannot use their USA/Canadian passport;
- The Embassy will decline applications for ETD, if the applicant failed to provide adequate, required details of their perceived emergency, or if the Embassy suspects that the applicant is attempting to evade pending legal issues with law enforcement agencies in USA or Canada.
Requirements for issuance of Emergency Travel Document
- Application form must be completed and signed by the applicant,
- The applicant must provide identification papers that includes; copy of passport, copy of nationality certificate, copy of birth/assessment of age certificate, or any legal documents that proves applicant’s claim to be a South Sudanese, together with any requested supporting documents,
- The applicant must provide four (4) passport size photos,
- The applicant must provide a copy of Police report in cases of lost or stolen passports,
- Processing fee for issuance of ETD is $ 25 USD (twenty five US Dollars only) in form of money order. Payable to ‘EMBASSY OF THE REPUBLIC OF SOUTH SUDAN’,
- The applicant must provide a prepaid self-address envelope with tracking code/number (FEDEX, UPS, DHL), and mail the completed application form with money/prepaid-envelop to the attention of ‘CONSULAR OFFICE’, EMBASSY OF THE REPUBLIC OF SOUTH SUDAN, 1015, 31 ST STREET, NW. SUITE 300, WASHINGTON, D.C. 20007.
For follow-up or to request additional information, please call the Consular Office directly on: Tel: +1 202 293 7940 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org